My First IELTS examination, the story of stupid decision
For someone who interested in study abroad like me, I must get band score level 6.5 in IELTS.
Within such a big ambition the story goes...
I am self study learner and I believe in all process in life...
Without enough preparation (seriously only 7 days!) I dared my self to do IELTS examination at Denpasar Bali, it is located at Sesetan street. It Sounds like I kill my self with this, because I pay a lot of money, it was about $ 220 or Rp. 2.500.000. But I do need that urgently because I want to apply some scholarship for my Phd next year. So I must started from now. I said to my self "This is such a biggest mistake ever that I have tried if I failed in it" But no matter what, I have to try!!.
Then...
one day before examination...
I tried to sleep good, but I couldn't I am so nervous for the examination. I woke up many times!Even I had bad dreams.
On the day examination...
As a "newbie"...I didn't know what to do in the first time I came. Luckily I met with someone who explained me that I have to register at first before the examination. She also told me the stories about her examination, that it was her 3rd times tried and she has the same big ambition to study abroad, similar like me!!.
The room
Quite a big room with around 60 participant. The committee mixed the general participant and the academic participant. The test divided as 4 types competition which are listening, reading, writing and speaking.The differences only in reading and writing between general test and academic test.
Listening
The suggestions and tips from many source explain how to get high score in listening which is "read the question!". Yes that was right!!correctly. But the problem was I was so panic then i couldn't followed the first session. I felt so bad with that. After all I changed the situation, I had more focus in the rest of session.
What I learnt from this test are Focus to listening and read the question key!!
Reading
It was look easy...but not at all. This test not only about your understanding about the passage or not, but how fast you find the key words at the question and the passage!
I lost 1 passages here because I concentrated too much for the first passage.
What I learnt : read the question quick find the key match with the passage and do not stuck too long in 1 question.
Writing
With so many mistaken from the listening and reading I said to my self I need to improve my mark from the writing. For academic test it has 2 difference types. 1st Writing was about describe the table and the 2nd one is about the opinion. Those are still clear in my mind the question about 2nd question was about the technology destroyed the environment or the technology can solve all the problem. I remember I choose the technology destroy environment that time.
Because I want to got high score so I prefer to wrote the 2nd writing. But It wasn't easy as I thought. I lost so much times because I erased and wrote again and erased again and repeated. So, after all I lost concentration also.
The writing 1 with 10 minutes only of course it wasn't enough. To read the data it needed 5 minutes then to write 20 minutes. I supposed to be write in 25 minute, but because I lost too much times in the 2nd writing I made bad value too for the 1st writing.
What I learn :
Make planning before you start to write!do not erase too much!Dont get panic.
For the addition
After times up I still tried to fixed 1 words and the committee found me. I don't know if it considering as a cheating or not. That's stupid because only 1 word!!
Speaking
I met with a nice examiner. I think I can have good mark here.But also in the second session about the topics "traffic jam" I forgot to read the last question, so in a few minutes I stopped without speak anything.
What I learn :
Enjoy, relax and read all the questions in sessions 2 carefully.
My result of examination not yet released. It need 14 days then I can get my band score. But after all my conclusion is I might failed this time. But I will never give up. Human, especially me learn from my mistake. Before taking the IELTS test it might better to prepare 3 months before.
I also promise I'll write my blog regularly to upgrade my writing skills!
Within such a big ambition the story goes...
I am self study learner and I believe in all process in life...
Without enough preparation (seriously only 7 days!) I dared my self to do IELTS examination at Denpasar Bali, it is located at Sesetan street. It Sounds like I kill my self with this, because I pay a lot of money, it was about $ 220 or Rp. 2.500.000. But I do need that urgently because I want to apply some scholarship for my Phd next year. So I must started from now. I said to my self "This is such a biggest mistake ever that I have tried if I failed in it" But no matter what, I have to try!!.
Then...
one day before examination...
I tried to sleep good, but I couldn't I am so nervous for the examination. I woke up many times!Even I had bad dreams.
On the day examination...
As a "newbie"...I didn't know what to do in the first time I came. Luckily I met with someone who explained me that I have to register at first before the examination. She also told me the stories about her examination, that it was her 3rd times tried and she has the same big ambition to study abroad, similar like me!!.
The room
Quite a big room with around 60 participant. The committee mixed the general participant and the academic participant. The test divided as 4 types competition which are listening, reading, writing and speaking.The differences only in reading and writing between general test and academic test.
Listening
The suggestions and tips from many source explain how to get high score in listening which is "read the question!". Yes that was right!!correctly. But the problem was I was so panic then i couldn't followed the first session. I felt so bad with that. After all I changed the situation, I had more focus in the rest of session.
What I learnt from this test are Focus to listening and read the question key!!
Reading
It was look easy...but not at all. This test not only about your understanding about the passage or not, but how fast you find the key words at the question and the passage!
I lost 1 passages here because I concentrated too much for the first passage.
What I learnt : read the question quick find the key match with the passage and do not stuck too long in 1 question.
Writing
With so many mistaken from the listening and reading I said to my self I need to improve my mark from the writing. For academic test it has 2 difference types. 1st Writing was about describe the table and the 2nd one is about the opinion. Those are still clear in my mind the question about 2nd question was about the technology destroyed the environment or the technology can solve all the problem. I remember I choose the technology destroy environment that time.
Because I want to got high score so I prefer to wrote the 2nd writing. But It wasn't easy as I thought. I lost so much times because I erased and wrote again and erased again and repeated. So, after all I lost concentration also.
The writing 1 with 10 minutes only of course it wasn't enough. To read the data it needed 5 minutes then to write 20 minutes. I supposed to be write in 25 minute, but because I lost too much times in the 2nd writing I made bad value too for the 1st writing.
What I learn :
Make planning before you start to write!do not erase too much!Dont get panic.
For the addition
After times up I still tried to fixed 1 words and the committee found me. I don't know if it considering as a cheating or not. That's stupid because only 1 word!!
Speaking
I met with a nice examiner. I think I can have good mark here.But also in the second session about the topics "traffic jam" I forgot to read the last question, so in a few minutes I stopped without speak anything.
What I learn :
Enjoy, relax and read all the questions in sessions 2 carefully.
My result of examination not yet released. It need 14 days then I can get my band score. But after all my conclusion is I might failed this time. But I will never give up. Human, especially me learn from my mistake. Before taking the IELTS test it might better to prepare 3 months before.
I also promise I'll write my blog regularly to upgrade my writing skills!
Comments
Post a Comment